Saturday, May 25, 2013

MINI PARADIGM SHIFT.

Hello reader!

Today I want to tell you about a mini paradigm shift I experienced last week.

First of all, you have to know what is "paradigm".
Stephen R. Covey in his book '7 Habits of Highly Effective People' defined paradigm as the way we "see" the world in terms of perceiving, understanding, and interpreting.

Now, since you knew what is paradigm, shall I start my story?

You know, if you go to a company for a job interview, normally they will request you to fill up a form. Even if you brought a resume, they still request to fill up the form. Ayyo, leceh betul kan kan? Padahal all the information dah ada dalam resume. Procedure...okay faham.

I went to MIM last week for the mock interview session (not so mock interview la). I filled up the form with upper case. That is my style in filling up a form, I tend to use upper case instead of lower case. Why? Simply because I think my tulisan huruf besar lebih cantik dari tulisan huruf kecil, kikiki.

So, what happened in the interview's room? Haa of course la aku kena "bantai" kan. It's not aku kena "bantai" dengan rotan ke apa ke, kena bantai by words laa. Dah nama mock interview, memang tugas interviewer tu la nak betulkan apa-apa salah aku during interview session kan. Really appreciate their comments and suggestion.

Since that day, I keep it in my mind to use sentence case when filling up an interview form. Unless the instruction stated "fill up the form with capital/block letter" Only then I'll fill up a form with tulisan huruf besar ku yang cantik itu, kikiki.

Okay, apa yang paradigm dan paradigm shift nya di sini?
My old paradigm is the way I fill up a form. I think or perceive that is the correct way to fill up an interview form which is by using upper case. But the interviewer's gave me a new insight on how I should fill up a form. And the result is I started using sentence case when filling up a form (if there are no instruction to fill up a form using capital/block letter). The result here is what we call as paradigm shift. I shifted from the old way to the new way, from the old paradigm to the new paradigm.

End of story =)

# Why it is not adviseable to fill up an interview form using upper case? Our style of writing could describe the state of mind you are in. Pernah tak dengar pasal orang yang boleh baca seseorang berdasarkan tulisan? Haa that's it. Normally, orang yang menulis dengan tulisan huruf besar ni dianggap sedang berada dalam keadaan marah. Tak percaya? Cuba chat dengan seseorang di Facebook. Normally we use tulisan huruf kecil kan? Tapi if tiba-tiba orang yang kita chat with tu reply menggunakan tulisan huruf besar, how you feeling? Mesti fikir "eh, dia ni marah kat aku ke?" Haa betul kan kan kann, kikiki

Till then, see ya in the next entry! :D

No comments: